Skip to main content

I DEFINED MY CURLS!!

Hi  guys,
    My natural hair journey has been a great blessing to me in so many ways. I have learnt things about my hair that I would never have known if I was still relaxed. One of the things I recently learnt is that my curls can be defined. In this Post I talked about how I was able to identify my curl pattern as 4a but I wasn't sure if I could achieve the super defined curls I saw in other 4a sisters I saw on YouTube. Fast forward some months later, I got my hands on the famous Ecostyler gel (with Olive oil) and I was ready to find out if my hair would make me proud.


 

  I did a test run on fairly stretched moisturised hair. I picked up the first lock of hair and applied a bit of the gel from the roots to the ends. Then I briskly rubbed it in in a downward motion 3 to 4 times and voila....Curls were popping!!!!

All done ;-)

    I finished my whole head in about an hour and a half because my hair wasn't fully detangled and I didn't want to use a comb (which I ultimately did after suffering a lot). The results were really good. I had a meeting that same day and I'm proud to say EVERYBODY loved my hair and wanted to know how I managed to achieve the look. But as usual once I started talking about BC'ing and then conditioning and deep conditioning and hot oil treatments the interest died immediately LOL!!
    To achieve this look make sure your hair is thoroughly detangled and preferably stretched. Make small workable sections and do each section at a time. I used mainly my fingers but I've seen some You tubers use brushes. I didn't have to do that. I just rubbed the gel on the small section I was working on and then I separated the clumped curls. The gel does most of the work just ensure you smooth it in downward motions. Also make sure the hair is well moisturised to prevent crunchiness as it dries. Another thing to note is that the gel looks kinda white when you first apply it, but that goes away when the hair dries.
   So you never know what surprises your hair has in store for you. Just love her and treat her well and let the future be popping with curls.

KimB
 

Comments

  1. Ur hair is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks really nice,can't wait for mine to grow long enough for things like these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. All you need is time, you'll get there soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PRODUCT REVIEW : SHEA MOISTURE JBCO STRENGTHEN, GROW & RESTORE LEAVE IN CONDITIONER

Hi guys,                                                             It's been ages since I've done a product review right? Sorry about that. I have bought tons of products since the last time but I haven't had time to do a proper review of each one. Its better later than never not so? I'm starting with the SHEA MOISTURE JBCO STRENGTHEN, GROW & RESTORE LEAVE IN CONDITIONER (now that's a mouthful isn't it?) I bought sometime in July.


Meet the product:


Product claims:
 This reparative leave-in conditioner softens and detangles hair while controlling frizz. Perfect for  those who regularly colour, straighten, perm or heat style their hair, as well as kinky, curly or wavy natural styles. Formulated with nutrient-rich Jamaican Black Castor Oil and certified organic Shea Butter to nourish, moisturize and support elasticity so hair resists breakage when detangling. Conditioners provide a protective layer that improves the appearance of split ends. Peppermint oil stimu…

PRODUCT REVIEW // ORS REPLENISHING CONDITIONER

Hi guys,                                                                                                                                                      I'm here with another review. This time its the ORS REPLENISHING CONDITIONER. Do not let the name fool you, it's actually a deep conditioner and not a wash out conditioner. Here's my honest review:
Meet the product:



Product claims:
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner helps to restore moisture & repair  damaged hair.

Ingredients: Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Polyquaternium 37, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Quaternium 80, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citral , D Limonene, Linalool, , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids, PEG 9 Dimethicone, Anthemis Nobilis Extract (Chamomile), Salvia Officinalis Extract (Sage), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Aloe Barbadens…

CHEAP TRICKS // HEAT BASED DEEP CONDITIONING WITHOUT A STEAMER/DRYER

Hi guys,
     I hope you all are doing great. I have been thinking of how to make my blog better and I came up with a few ideas. I am thinking of introducing new series like the one above - cheap tricks which will feature once a month. It will contain tips and tricks I have learned along the way to make your hair journey much more affordable. I hope you will all benefit from it.
   My first trick is: Heat based deep conditioning without a steamer or dryer. As you may know deep conditioning and heat (moist heat) go hand in hand.  Infact I am yet to find any deep conditioner that does not recommend conditioning with heat. For example SHEA MOISTURE'S DEEP TREATMENT MASQUE (which I have reviewed on this blog) recommends using heat for 30 minutes while ORS REPLENISHING CONDITIONER (review coming up soon) recommends 10-15 minutes with heat. Why you may ask. Well the heat opens up your cuticles which makes absorption of nutrients much more effective and also a lot faster. However if you ar…