Skip to main content

HOW TO END A WASH AND GO DAY SUCCESSFULLY!

Hi guys,
A synonym is a word with the same or similar meaning of another word. Words that are synonyms are said to be synonymous, and the state of being a synonym is called synonymy. For example the synonyms for a Wash and Go are:
Tangles
Single Strand Knots
Multiple Strand Knots etc.

Sorry for the half baked English lesson ;-) but if you are a natural I'm sure you might agree with the above. Nothing looks nicer than a well oiled 'Fro but after rocking one I end up cursing myself when I am trying to get rid of the Single Strand knots that have congregated on my head at the end of the day. I avoided Wash and Gos for a while as I suggested in this post I did about dealing with Single strand knots but sometimes I miss my fro and I just have to let it out. Thankfully I finally found a way to end my Wash and Go days with little or no tangles.


A wash and Go kind of day.

:-)


Can you see the white specks on my hair from the Cantu Shea butter for Natural hair? SMH

                                                START WELL
By this I  mean moisturising and sealing properly before you leave the house. I use a leave-in and an oil and then my Shea Butter mix. I just don't slap it on. I carefully apply them all over and then (this is the most important part) FOCUS on my ends. Oily ends find it difficult to wrap around each other so I make sure the Shea Butter mix coats my ends very well. the Shea butter also helps my hair retain moisture better so my hair isn't dry by the end of the day.


I use this on damp hair
I seal with an oil.


I top it all up with this heavy duty sealant


                                               DO NOT DELAY
Here is the important part. As SOON as I get home I work on my hair, I do not do anything else. I drop my stuff , wash my hands, take off my clothes and then I begin. First I touch the hair to check if its still soft and moist. If it is,I divide my hair into 4 sections, lightly detangle if there's a need to and then I braid each of them up. If the hair is dry, I spray it with warm water and put on a shower cap. I can now go and find food or unload my stuff. After 10 minutes I take off the shower cap and I feel the hair again. By this time it should be soft and ready for braiding. If the hair is knotty or tangled, I  section the hair and apply a bit of conditioner. I cover it up with a shower cap and leave it on for about 10 minutes. When I take off the cap I LIGHTLY finger detangle and braid it up. I rinse off during my shower. It is only after my hair is in braids that I can now relax and go about my life. When I am ready to sleep I throw on a satin bonnet and I'm ready for bed.

20 minutes after I got home. In my PJs with my hair braided up ;-)


This is how I end my wash and Go days successfully. I find that if I don't moisturise and seal properly or if I delay in putting my hair in braids when I get home I always have tangles. The next time you do a Wash and Go try this and see if it works for you :-)



KimB

Comments

  1. You use Parachute Coconut Oil too? Love it!

    ebunoluwole.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do. Its the only brand of coconut oil my hair likes.

      Delete
  2. Nice tips, certainly learnt a thing or 2 :-) www.moniqj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. my stylist, my stylist lol thank for the tips
    fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find that the easier way to be certain my ends get love is by doing the shingling method. I used to always neglect my ends a lot until I learned to shingle!!! Wash and go is not for me tho. I've got an odd growth pattern and crazy shrinkage so its either in protective styles with yarn or I do corn rows!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I feel you on taking proper care of our ends. I only do wash and Gos because sometimes you just have to let the fro out, you know ;-) Helps me remember what I'm working hard for.

      Delete
  5. Thanks so very much for the useful tips, and I must say shea butter products are very good. I'm so jealous of your fro right now - go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could try motions wieghtless detangling conditioner it allways works for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it once and it didn't do much for my hair. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PRODUCT REVIEW // ORS REPLENISHING CONDITIONER

Hi guys,                                                                                                                                                      I'm here with another review. This time its the ORS REPLENISHING CONDITIONER. Do not let the name fool you, it's actually a deep conditioner and not a wash out conditioner. Here's my honest review: Meet the product:     Product claims:   Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner helps to restore moisture & repair  damaged hair. Ingredients: Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Polyquaternium 37, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Quaternium 80, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citral , D Limonene, Linalool, , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Panthenol, Silk Amino Acids, PEG 9 Dimethicone, Anthemis Nobilis Extract (Chamomile), Salvia Officinalis Extract (Sage), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Rosmarinus Officinal

DIY// HOW TO MAKE AN APPLICATOR BOTTLE

Hi guys,      I hope you are all doing well. I have missed blogging so much and I feel really good that I can now so it more often since my schedule is getting a bit less crowded. I also hope you like the new blog design.     If you live in Nigeria then you are aware that things are getting out of hand financially. The recession is hitting really hard and it seems no one is immune. Inspite of this I do not want my Fro to suffer so I am working on making a lot of homemade products and utensils to ensure my hair doesn't feel the strain of the harsh economy.    Today I will be showing you how to make an APPLICATOR bottle from any old plastic bottle you have at home. Why bother you ask? Read my post about different ways to use an  Applicator bottle .       Let's get right into it. Here's what you'll need: Small plastic bottle with cover A candle/lighter/gas A match stick Scissors METHOD 1. Remove the bottle cover from the bottle. Using the scissors hold t

How to create a a sleek faux bun with short natural hair!!!!

Hi people!    So its been a while since my last post and I apologize. I have been all kinds of busy but I have got something really cool for you all today. I haven't really done any hairstyle posts on this blog  because in my bid to retain length I just cornrow and throw on a wig. I have been doing that for months with the random Afro-puff thrown in once in awhile but this week I just wasn't  in the mood for any of my wigs. I decided to finally do something I have been dying to do: a faux bun!! Its super easy just follow the steps below and you'll be rocking your faux bun in a couple of minutes :-)                                                                                                Preparing my hair I stretched my hair with my cornrows first. I took out the braids then moisturised and sealed: My stretched hair  I sectioned my hair into 2 parts. I started from the front section. I added some Ecostyler gel, brushed it lightly with a toothbrush and pulled